Radiology/VCUGs

Question
But do you think the risk of developing a cancer is greater than not developing one now? The worry is that it may be practically guaranteed, is what I meant to clarify.

Thank you,

Jesse

Answer
Hi, Jesse.

Your risk of developing cancer in your lifetime is greater than the risk of someone else who has never been x-rayed. There is no way to know empirically if or when cancer will develop in your abdomen.

Your risk of developing cancer is increased because of your previous radiation exposure. That does not mean it is practically guaranteed that you will develop cancer. It just means you may be more likely to develop cancer.

There is nothing more I can say to help you. If you need more advice, please consult someone else.

Best wishes,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White