Radiology/Clarification of MRI report

Question
If you could please clarify the results of a recent MRI I had in the past week for re-herniation of L5 S1 disc.
At L5S1 there is posterior central/left paracentral ventral epidural nonehancing soft tissue, consistent with disc material. In combination with enhancing granulation tissue in the left dorsal lateral epidural space which likely extends into the left subarticular zone, there is left subarticular zone stenosis with mass effect on the descending left S1 nerve root.
Thank you for your assistance.

Answer
Hello, Marie.

This report may indicated that you have a herniated disk that may be pressing on a nerve just above the dimple on your left lower back. This may correspond to left leg or hip pain.

That's the way I understand this report, anyway. For the most accurate information, you should consult with the physician that ordered this test.

Hope this helps,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White