Radiology/mri level

Question
MRI leval
MRI leval  
QUESTION: Dear Delia. I have attached lumber spine MRI image AX T2 S1 23

Could you please tell me what level the image is at?

Is it at L5 or S1 or S2 and what is S1 23 level at, as on image?

Can you tell me if there is any damage the nerves or dura if you can?

Thank you Delia

ANSWER: Hello, Brendon.

I am not a physician, therefore not qualified to interpret diagnostic imaging. I am only the photographer. You would need to ask a radiologist for an interpretation of this image.

This looks to be at the level of the L5-S1, judging by the appearance of the iliac crest. Though I can't be sure.

I believe S1 23 indicates that this image is from the first series, slice #23. It has nothing to do with the level.

Hope this helps,
Delia

MRI
MRI  
QUESTION: Dear Delia .Thanks for answer.
Could you please tell me the level of the image i have attached,i think it is S2 level ,discard the artifact.
Thanks Delia for your quick response.

Answer
Hi, Brendon.

Looks like it's about S2 judging by the appearance of the sacro-iliac joints. It's hard to say. The sacral bones are really fused into one big sacrum. Again, I'm not a physician. A radiologist could tell you what level that is for sure. There is definitely a metal artifact in your sacrum.

Hope this helps.

Delia

Radiology

Delia White