Radiology/mammogram

Question
I have acne on my breasts. I also have a bad bright red rash underneath my breasts that my dr is trying to help me get rid of.
I am due to have a mammogram and I was wondering if I have to put it off because of either of these.  THanks!

Answer
Hi, Jen.

The acne and rash would not adversely affect the mammogram as long as you don't use any powder or lotion on your breasts or under your arms. If the rash or acne is oozing, I'd recommend you wait. The only other problem you might have is that breast compression might be more uncomfortable by pulling on the skin rash. But the images should turn out fine despite the rash/acne.

Hope this helps,
Delia

Radiology

Delia White