Rails/Railroad/Infotainment solution Media4Rail for Indian Railways.

Dear Mr. Akhilesh Yadav,     

My name is Samir AMIDJEE and I am a business development manager at Siemens CMT in Vienna (Austria).

I permit myself to contact you, because for now we have in our portfolio a product made for train operators and that might be of interest to Indian Railways.

Basically our product is an App that you download on your own device and that enables you to have access to videos, music but also train and passenger information.

All that can be accessed, on the trains, connecting trains, at the station or at home.

For a train operator, the CAPEX costs are extremely low as you do not have to install cabin screens in each seat.

In addition, the connectivity during the journey and after are automatic between the trains, the customers and the ground which means low OPEX either.

All that your customers need is a device (IPAD, Smartphone, computerů) and we do the rest in order for them to have a relax journey.

Here below is the link to the marketing flyer of Media4Rail:

By your expertise of the Indian Railways market I would be very pleased to have your opinion regarding our product.
You might be able to tell me if Media4Rail could be of interest for present or future business opportunities for IR.

If you think that Media4Rail can be of any kind of interest or if you simply would like to know more about it, please do not hesitate to contact me I will be pleased to answer your questions and send your the adequate documentation on your email.

Thanks for having taken the time to go through this email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With My Kind Regards,

Samir Amidjee.

Dear Samir,

Infotainment solution appears interesting and you could pursue this with Telecom directorate of RDSO (Director Telecom-II @ RDSO- find his contacts in Telecom directorate link of RDSO website -

Personally i feel, penetration of smart devices (iphone/ipad etc) among railway passengers (except for Shatabdi/Rajdhani trains) may not be high enough to sustain this technology.  

Anyway, it may be worthwhile to discuss this with concerned people.
Let me know if you need any other information.

Best Wishes,

Akhilesh Yadav

Questions related with rail / metro/ railroad / Railway engineering, signal and communications systems, automatic train control and train protection systems, axle counters, fail-safe multiplexers, signalling product development, ETCS, CBTC, systems engineering, safety management.

23 years of wide ranging experience in Railway systems & applications. Experienced in managing assignments in complete range of system life cycle, i.e., conception, design, development, manufacturing, construction, testing and maintenance of operational assets. Significant experience in planning, tendering, procurement & contract management. Experienced on developing & standardizing safety critical signalling systems like cab signalling, automatic train protection (ETCS based TPWS system for IR), Fail-safe multiplexer & centralized traffic control for use on Indian Railway network. Successfully led multiple signalling projects for Indian Railways. Experienced in providing leadership for teams working on design, development, project management, process improvement and asset management. Successfully interfaced with other railway disciplines like Track, Civils, OHE and Electricals in all the above activities. Led multi-disciplinary teams for accident investigations involving signal passed at danger, derailment etc. Successfully participated in delivery of multiple major Signalling Schemes of Network Rail UK while on secondment from 2005 to 2009. Specialties: Managing technology, people & projects in Railway domain. In recent past managed technologies like ETCS based TPWS, Centralized traffic control/Train management system (CTC/TMS) and Failsafe signalling multiplexer for adoption over Indian Railways.

Atkins, Indian Railways

(1) Institution of Railway signal Engineers (2) Institution of Railway Signal & Telecom Engineers (India)

(1)Bachelor of Engineering from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India. - (2) Trained in Signal engineering at Indian Railway Institute of Signal Engineering & Telecommuncation (IRISET), Secunderabad- (3) Trained in management of railway systems at Railway staff college Vadodara -

Multiple awards in Indian Railways and recognition by Atkins rail for playing a key role in design work for network rail projects.

Indian railways, Network Rail, UK