Rare Diseases/Gastroschisis

Question
Ok so im doing a project on gastroschisis. I have everything i need excpet who discovered it, when it was discovered, and where it was discovered. I was hoping that someone on all experts could tell me this because the internet hasn't. i searched all over google for three days. can you please tell me who discovered gastroschisis, where it was founded and when it was found? Please this will help me so much!

Answer
Hi Laila, I had trouble finding this too, I did find that Dr. Berti, no first name given, was the one who first did an autopsy on a woman in 1896, but it was termed differently to gastic hernia. There are a few other terms gastic volvulus, just plain intestinal hernia, associated with it.  That's the only information I can find dating back to 1896 that even mentions anything similiar.  I will keep looking for you and ask around for more information, if I find anything I will write you back.

Rare Diseases

Tina Budde