Rare Diseases/mosaic perfusion

can mosaic perfusion just disappear on a ct of the lung?  i had a hrct of the lungs and it showed this.  follow up regular standard ct did not mention the mosaic perfusion.  can a standard ct that is not a high resolution ct not see this?

Mary, yes it can disappear due to the cause, if it's inflammation caused by an infection or virus such as pneumonia, or bacterial and you took antibiotics it can very well disappear, it would just depend on the cause, if you have had repeated pneumonia and COPD, it probably would decrease when the virus/infection is cleared up but there could be scar tissue.

Rare Diseases

Tina Budde

I can help on all aspects of the condition, treatment, support. I cannot diagnose but only give my personal expertise, and refer you to others who can help. I am in touch with doctors, therapists, and professionals on a regular basis. I can help with disability issues pertaining to lymphedema or cancer.

15 year cancer survivor, Lymphland International Lymphedema Online (LILO)Support group owner, Owner of Lymphland.com website, former writer for Butterfly Gazette, Editor for ELymphNotes online lymphedema magazine, patient and advocate for 16 years, Yahoo answers advanced level answerer.

Lymphland Support Group Owner, Lymphland.com website owner, American Society of Lymphology member, ELymphNotes forums coordinator; writer; and editor; member of many online support groups. Rainbow Bridge Pet Loss Grief Counselor, former bank loan rep, pharmacy ass't

ELymphNotes Lymphedema Magazine, Butterfly Gazette, many other health oriented websites and newspapers.

college graduate, volunteer in pet loss grief counselling.

Yahoo groups best of health and wellness 2007 award, World's best 2008 nominee, HonCode acceptance.