Rare Diseases/painful lipomas

what type of expert should i see?  First i would like to thank you for the time to answer my question. i don't have insurance so wasting money going to a doctor that won't help me is not an option. i have multiple painful lipomas all over. they range in size from a pea to a lemon. all have a burning pain. even wearing clothes is painful. my mother has the same problems. they started showing up about a year ago and have been increasing in pain, size, and number ever since. i am unable to work now because of the pain. i have problems trying to sleep and doing any kind of house work. the pain has taken over my life. i also have depression, anxiety, fatigue, memory, joint pain, stiffness.

Hi Tiffany, A surgeon or plastic surgeon is the best doctor for you to see.  They are usually removed outpatient, 30 mins to an hour depending on size some can be done in office some in hospital. Do you know the reason you have them?  I would probably a biopsy to make sure they are all benign. Do you have lipomatosis?  

Rare Diseases

Tina Budde

I can help on all aspects of the condition, treatment, support. I cannot diagnose but only give my personal expertise, and refer you to others who can help. I am in touch with doctors, therapists, and professionals on a regular basis. I can help with disability issues pertaining to lymphedema or cancer.

15 year cancer survivor, Lymphland International Lymphedema Online (LILO)Support group owner, Owner of Lymphland.com website, former writer for Butterfly Gazette, Editor for ELymphNotes online lymphedema magazine, patient and advocate for 16 years, Yahoo answers advanced level answerer.

Lymphland Support Group Owner, Lymphland.com website owner, American Society of Lymphology member, ELymphNotes forums coordinator; writer; and editor; member of many online support groups. Rainbow Bridge Pet Loss Grief Counselor, former bank loan rep, pharmacy ass't

ELymphNotes Lymphedema Magazine, Butterfly Gazette, many other health oriented websites and newspapers.

college graduate, volunteer in pet loss grief counselling.

Yahoo groups best of health and wellness 2007 award, World's best 2008 nominee, HonCode acceptance.