Raw Foods/fruit or fruit juice which is best

Question
Dear Dr.Hugh Cruickshank,
 I'm male 43 yrs old,healthy.I am taking fruit juices of apple,orange,pomogranet,gova,graphs, pineapple etc.I bought fruits and keep in fridge and consume within a week.everyday morning i cut any one fruit and prepare juice and drink it.I never add sugar.my question is fruit juice better or eating fruit is better?I m afraid of dental cavity for eating raw fruit.i use straw so juices wont touch teeth.also I segregate only seed after crushing in mixie and take all rest of fruit with pulp. so loss of fibre content also nil.may be salaiva is absent since drink fast using straw.

Reg
kumar

Answer
Hi Kumar,

Even though you are adding in the fiber later I still think it best to eat whole fruits, or whole fruits blended with greens. Too much fruit sugar too fast with juicing fruits, and you're right it can be tough on your teeth.

And on your other point about saliva, digestion does start in the mouth. I always swirl my green juices and green smoothies in my mouth before swallowing. green smoothies are an ideal way to take your fruit and get a real mineral boost from the greens. The fruit doesn't hit your digestive system too fast with the extra fiber from the greens.

I believe green juices are very healing, and take them almost daily myself. Please visit the website for more information and some great juicing and smoothie recipes.

http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com/raw-food-recipes.html

be well and wonderful, Hugh

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank