Raw Foods/Eating the Raw Diet at College

Question
I am a vegetarian senior about to go into college. I would like to try the raw diet, but it seems that the recipes I find are too hard to do during college. Do you have any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Serena,

Congratulations on starting college and a new chapter in your life.

One thing I love about the raw diet is its simplicity. There are a number of complicated recipes out there, but I don't ever make those....after all who has the time.

I start each morning with a large green smoothie which is incredibly easy and quick to make. Lunch is usually some type of fruit and greens, celery, or cukes, but sometimes a savory salad. Dinner is almost always a savory salad chosen from one of my many quick recipes.

After a short time on the raw diet, or high raw diet, whichever suits your needs; you’ll be able to figure out a schedule and what foods you’ll eat when. Here’s a link to my raw food recipes webpage loaded with great recipes that can be prepared in about 20 minutes or less. http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com/raw-food-recipes.html  Please enjoy!

Feel free to ask any questions that may come up for you about raw diet or health.

Be Well and Wonderful, Hugh

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank