Raw Foods/Coconut Oil

Hello, I have heard all this rave about all the excellent benefits of coconut oil. I started taking pure organic efa gold coconut oil as a supplement (1 TBS) a day. I know there is also controversy on the benefit of it,  but people have seen amazing results for a number of different conditions. Do you recommend taking Coconut oil as a supplment?

Hi Sasha,

I think coconut has been proven to have many benefits and can see no harm in taking it. I donít know if I would recommend it as a key daily supplement, but as I said I can see no harm either. There are some people that may benefit greatly from a tablespoon per day, particularly if theyíre seeking relief from one of the many conditions that coconut oil is noted as helping with.

I put a little in my morning green smoothie on occasion and find it makes them really silky. I also use it topically after my shower on my face, neck and any other weather exposed or dry spots.

I think most of the controversy comes from people that think just about any added fat to the diet is a bad thing. The only thing I might add is that a truly raw coconut oil may be better for you, although I donít know how this particular oil is processed.

If you are interested in taking your coco oil in a green smoothie then feel free to check out some of the tasty smoothie recipes.  <a href=>Smoothie Recipes</a>

Be Well and Wonderful, Hugh

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank

I can answer most questions pertaining to a raw vegan diet.

Hugh has been studying health and fitness for more than 35 years, and professionally sharing his knowledge with others since 1994. Heís presented throughout the Western US, as well as Canada and Australia. Hugh does health coaching and spreads the message of a better life through his raw foods website Heís been a vegan since 1992, the last 10 years following a 100% raw food diet.

Graduate of the Academy for Coach Training, College nutrition, and Science of Raw Food Nutrition Levels I & II and Benefits of Raw Food Nutrition Educator Certification.

One success story. I've been meaning to let you know how helpful you've been in directing me on the right path in nutrition. Since attending your seminar and following your advice, I have lost almost thirty pounds and recovered a great deal of the energy I thought I had lost due to "old age." I found eliminating hurtful substances from my diet was much easier than I thought--fresh fruits and green vegetables provide me with good digestion and regularity--as well as delicious-tasting meals. I've mentioned you to friends and hope they are wise enough to take advantage of your expertise. Best regards, Tom, (senior citizen) Novato, CA