Raw Foods/Coconut Oil

Question
Hello, I have heard all this rave about all the excellent benefits of coconut oil. I started taking pure organic efa gold coconut oil as a supplement (1 TBS) a day. I know there is also controversy on the benefit of it,  but people have seen amazing results for a number of different conditions. Do you recommend taking Coconut oil as a supplment?

Answer
Hi Sasha,

I think coconut has been proven to have many benefits and can see no harm in taking it. I donít know if I would recommend it as a key daily supplement, but as I said I can see no harm either. There are some people that may benefit greatly from a tablespoon per day, particularly if theyíre seeking relief from one of the many conditions that coconut oil is noted as helping with.

I put a little in my morning green smoothie on occasion and find it makes them really silky. I also use it topically after my shower on my face, neck and any other weather exposed or dry spots.

I think most of the controversy comes from people that think just about any added fat to the diet is a bad thing. The only thing I might add is that a truly raw coconut oil may be better for you, although I donít know how this particular oil is processed.

If you are interested in taking your coco oil in a green smoothie then feel free to check out some of the tasty smoothie recipes.  <a href=http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com/smoothie-recipes.html>Smoothie Recipes</a>

Be Well and Wonderful, Hugh

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank