Raw Foods/raw vs sprouted nuts

Question
I have been doing my best to exercise and eat healthy for almost 2 years now. I enjoy nuts and try to eat a small amount daily of raw almonds or raw mixed nuts. At Target they are reasonably priced. At health food shops or whole foods they can be quite costly. Is there a meaningful difference in the nutritional value of sprouted nuts over simply raw nuts?

Answer
Nuts
Nuts  
Hi Len,

Sprouted nuts are actually just soaked nuts which are easier for your body to digest and glean the full nutritional value. Nuts in the store are in their dormant state, but come alive when soaked in pure water.

You can soak the nuts youve purchased in pure water from 8 to 24 hours, rinsing them every 7 to 8 hours or so. After 24 hours drain and keep in the fridge for up to three days rinsing them at least once a day. They taste much better and your body will thank you for the extra effort on your part.

I would say the most important thing when buying nuts is to buy organic.

You can read more about different nuts here: http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com/nuts.html

Best of health to you in 2014!  

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank