Raw Foods/raw meat

Is it okay to eat raw beef,chicken or even fish from the supermarket? I've heard some people eat it for dieting.

Hi Porsher,

I would not recommend eating raw meat. Today meat is processed in large factory facilities with little or no supervision and small regard for cleanliness. I think raw meat may be healthier for you than cooked meat, but finding a clean source these days could be extremely difficult.

The diet I follow excludes all animal products and I recommend others also follow a vegan diet if they truly wish to attain optimal health.

The over consumption of animal products is responsible for much of the disease we see in our world today, not to mention pollution and the degradation of forests and natural habitat.

I've been following a vegan diet for 24 years and at age 62 I'm healthy, active, quite fit, and on zero medications.

Be Well, Hugh

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank

I can answer most questions pertaining to a raw vegan diet.

Hugh has been studying health and fitness for more than 35 years, and professionally sharing his knowledge with others since 1994. Hes presented throughout the Western US, as well as Canada and Australia. Hugh does health coaching and spreads the message of a better life through his raw foods website http://www.raw-foods-diet-center.com/index.html Hes been a vegan since 1992, the last 10 years following a 100% raw food diet.

Graduate of the Academy for Coach Training, College nutrition, and Science of Raw Food Nutrition Levels I & II and Benefits of Raw Food Nutrition Educator Certification.

One success story. I've been meaning to let you know how helpful you've been in directing me on the right path in nutrition. Since attending your seminar and following your advice, I have lost almost thirty pounds and recovered a great deal of the energy I thought I had lost due to "old age." I found eliminating hurtful substances from my diet was much easier than I thought--fresh fruits and green vegetables provide me with good digestion and regularity--as well as delicious-tasting meals. I've mentioned you to friends and hope they are wise enough to take advantage of your expertise. Best regards, Tom, (senior citizen) Novato, CA