Raw Foods/Sauerkraut/fermented foods

I hope this is not outside your area. I would like to add probiotic/fermented foods to my diet. Does store bought canned or packaged kraut have health benefits or must it be home made to actually be fermented?

Hi Len,

There are brands that can be bought at stores and farmers markets that are good. You have to be careful that the fermented food has not been pasteurized though. Those that come in glass containers are best.

Sodium content can be an issue with fermented foods. Rejuvenative Foods makes a vegi-delight slaw with no added salt which is quite tasty.

Best, Hugh

Raw Foods

Hugh Cruickshank

I can answer most questions pertaining to a raw vegan diet.

Hugh has been studying health and fitness for more than 35 years, and professionally sharing his knowledge with others since 1994. Hes presented throughout the Western US, as well as Canada and Australia. Hugh does health coaching and spreads the message of a better life through his raw foods website Hes been a vegan since 1992, the last 10 years following a 100% raw food diet.

Graduate of the Academy for Coach Training, College nutrition, and Science of Raw Food Nutrition Levels I & II and Benefits of Raw Food Nutrition Educator Certification.

One success story. I've been meaning to let you know how helpful you've been in directing me on the right path in nutrition. Since attending your seminar and following your advice, I have lost almost thirty pounds and recovered a great deal of the energy I thought I had lost due to "old age." I found eliminating hurtful substances from my diet was much easier than I thought--fresh fruits and green vegetables provide me with good digestion and regularity--as well as delicious-tasting meals. I've mentioned you to friends and hope they are wise enough to take advantage of your expertise. Best regards, Tom, (senior citizen) Novato, CA