Real Estate: Arizona/Abandoned home

Abandoned House
Abandoned House  

Abandoned House
Abandoned House  
Hi. I live in Central Phx, in a very nice neighborhood. The house next door to me has been abandoned for several years now, and it's a REAL fire hazard. I would like to know who to contact, to get the yards cleaned up, or to have the house demolished. The doors and SOME windows are boarded up, all overgrown dried up vegetation, and I'm afraid if this place catches fire, my home will also be subject to fire. The field mice must be having a great time in this house, as well as other rodents. It's absolutely pathetic, and I need to know what can be done. Please be specific as to who I can contact, or what website I can go to, perhaps to file a complaint. Should I just call my local fire department, or just what? Thank you so much for your advice!

The city of Phoenix neighborhood service department is where you want to go file a complaint.  Here is the website link.
They will follow up and contact the owner along with clean up and or fines.  If not cleaned up by the owner the city will do it and charge back the owner.

Real Estate: Arizona

Bill Iannelli

Anything to do with residental real estate: Disclosure, title issues, buyer and seller representation, foreclosure, ethics, rentals, landlord rights, evictions, inspection, time frames, Arizona purchase contract. For buying and selling in Arizona contact me at

27 years in the business. Broker owner of Iannelli and Associates. Radio host, expert witness and certified real estate instructor at the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business. Own my own portfolio of real estate, developer of apartments, commercial real estate and single family homes.

National Association of Realtors, Member of both the Phoenix and Prescott multiple listing service.

Desert Advocate Newspaper Carefree Arizona. Question and answer column. Broker agent news, TV and radio stations.

Licensed Real Estate Broker, BS in Education, certified real estate instructor for the Arizona School of Real Estate.

Don't want to brag. Not important to the public. They want answers and advice not me telling them how many millions of dollars of real estate I have sold.