Real Estate: Arizona/Question on For Sale By Owner

I am California. 'I posted  my property as a "For Sale'  by Owner" online.  A "finder" company from South Carolina called me and told me that an interested party  in his state would like to know more about the property.  The company has a contact Realtor in the Bay Area who would call me . The  Bay Area contact  broker called me who said that he would like to see the property and take pictures inside and outside  of property so I can get maximum exposure.  I said OK.

The contact comes by and takes pictures, then he says that I have to agree on 6% commission.  I answered by saying that he's representing the So Carolina person not me.  I did not look for the So Carolina person or  him,  the  contact broker to represent me.   I would only grant him  a 3% commission only if there is a sale.  He says it's not true.  He is being unethical and I should report him to the state correct?

Why do you have to agree to anything?  Sounds like the website sells leeds to agents trying to procure a listing.  I would tell him if he would like to bring his buyer client you would pay a 3% buyer broker commission.  Otherwise you are not intersted in doing anything with him.

Real Estate: Arizona

Bill Iannelli

Anything to do with residental real estate: Disclosure, title issues, buyer and seller representation, foreclosure, ethics, rentals, landlord rights, evictions, inspection, time frames, Arizona purchase contract. For buying and selling in Arizona contact me at

27 years in the business. Broker owner of Iannelli and Associates. Radio host, expert witness and certified real estate instructor at the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business. Own my own portfolio of real estate, developer of apartments, commercial real estate and single family homes.

National Association of Realtors, Member of both the Phoenix and Prescott multiple listing service.

Desert Advocate Newspaper Carefree Arizona. Question and answer column. Broker agent news, TV and radio stations.

Licensed Real Estate Broker, BS in Education, certified real estate instructor for the Arizona School of Real Estate.

Don't want to brag. Not important to the public. They want answers and advice not me telling them how many millions of dollars of real estate I have sold.