Real Estate: California/closing escrow

Question
hello there  my wife and i trying to buy a home in so CA. everything was going well ..
we received a call from the  lender..
saying that we need  a total 12k  when we had already said that we have 10k total we had paid credit cards to get our score higher. and other fees that come with the house .  the lender wants to close  escrow by the 8th of march . we are a little tight with $$  they want the money in few days  from now  how can we extent escrow or what are our options..

Answer
One option is certainly to ask the seller if they are willing to extend escrow to give you time to save the money, but if your lender has locked the rate on your loan the lock could expire by then.
Another option is to ask the seller to pay another $2k of the closing costs.  They might do this if there weren't a lot of buyers interested in their home.
You could also sell any items of value that you have.
These are just basic options, not knowing the details of your deal or your personal situation I can't really offer any more advice.

Real Estate: California

John Souerbry