Real Estate: California/closing escrow

hello there  my wife and i trying to buy a home in so CA. everything was going well ..
we received a call from the  lender..
saying that we need  a total 12k  when we had already said that we have 10k total we had paid credit cards to get our score higher. and other fees that come with the house .  the lender wants to close  escrow by the 8th of march . we are a little tight with $$  they want the money in few days  from now  how can we extent escrow or what are our options..

One option is certainly to ask the seller if they are willing to extend escrow to give you time to save the money, but if your lender has locked the rate on your loan the lock could expire by then.
Another option is to ask the seller to pay another $2k of the closing costs.  They might do this if there weren't a lot of buyers interested in their home.
You could also sell any items of value that you have.
These are just basic options, not knowing the details of your deal or your personal situation I can't really offer any more advice.

Real Estate: California

John Souerbry

I'm a independent real estate broker specializing in luxury homes, land, properties in probate or trust, and real estate investment in Northern California. My geographic focus is Silicon Valley, East Bay, and North Bay/Wine Country.

I have experience in buying/selling residential and commercial real estate, property management, financing, and preparation and sale of properties in probate or trust.

National Association of REALTORS(R); California Association of REALTORS(R); Silicon Valley Association of REALTORS(R); Bay East Association of REALTORS(R)

My web site blog includes current market information and my "Real Estate Jargon" series that explains real estate industry terms.

BS, Business Administration MBA, Global Management

I have worked with individuals holding one or two properties and with clients and estates holding over 40 properties of many different types (apartments, condos, single family homes, land). My latest transaction was a listing of 2.45 acres of land for development in Palo Alto, CA that sold for $15,580,000 (November 2012).