Real Estate: Colorado/Denver

Question
Hi Mary,

Currently, I own two rentals in the Seattle area. I've been looking to purchase a rental outside of Seattle. One of the areas that I've been reading about that is "hot" is Denver. Do you recommend Denver as a place to invest? Thanks

Jackie

Answer
Hi Jackie,

In deed, Denver's real estate market is quite hot, especially if you are a seller. Because of lack of inventory, the influx of people moving here (and a change in legislation a few years back regarding developers that has yet to be remedied...too long to go into here) we are experiencing multiple offers on almost every property.

The peak of the season has passed so we are seeing it slowing down...slightly...

That being said, while it could be difficult to get a property under contract for a buyer, there is excellent indications that we will NOT be bottoming out, bubbling, etc. Values are expected to stay where they are and continue to climb, until we get a handle on the inventory levels, which are hovering around 80% deficit. It would take 3-5 years to make up the difference if we were to look for an even buyer/seller market AND legislation remedied the developer rule.

I'd be happy to talk with you more about it, if you are looking for a good realtor. I've been selling in Denver, working with sellers and buyers for the last 15 years, and am very knowledgeable about the nuances to each area. Plus, I'm excellent at getting offers accepted if you are a motivated buyer! :)

I hope this answered your question!

Kind regards,
Mary Mahoney
303.906.5068
mary.mahoney@porchlightgroup.com

Real Estate: Colorado

Mary Mahoney