Real Estate: Florida/Agent Question

Good day
Wanted to find out if one would owe a real estate agent commission in this situation generally in the USA.
Here is the situation:
Real estate hired to rent out home in year 1 and received his commission. The second year for the renewal of the same tenant, the landlord used an online contract and leased the home for the 2nd year to the same tenant without using the agent.
In general, does the landlord have any financial obligation or commission to the tenant in the 2nd year, since the landlord used his own contract.

It sounds like the Landlord would not have any obligation to pay the agent on a renewal unless they had a contract which stated that the agent would be paid or that the agent was managing the property for the Landlord. You should check all documents related to this transaction to see if there is anything stated in the original contract about yearly renewal.

Real Estate: Florida

David O'Kelly

Any Questions about Real Estate in the "Treasure Coast Area" of Florida...this would be Ft. Pierce, Port Saint Lucie, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Palm City and Hobe Sound.

I have been in the Real Estate Business since 2001 and I am a Broker working in the city of Port Saint Lucie and have been living in this area since 1978. During this time I have seen tremendous growth over the years and I can help you with buying or selling of residential or commercial properties as well as the acquisition of land. Our office also deals with foreclosure properties and short sales as well as new construction...Anything you are looking for..I can find you, so send me an email or visit my personal site today at:

National Realtors Association St.Lucie Realtors Association

BA - Temple University Licensed Real Estate Broker Certified Residential Specialist

Real Estate Salesman of the Year!

too many to count!