Real Estate: Florida/Agent Question

Question
Good day
Wanted to find out if one would owe a real estate agent commission in this situation generally in the USA.
Here is the situation:
Real estate hired to rent out home in year 1 and received his commission. The second year for the renewal of the same tenant, the landlord used an online contract and leased the home for the 2nd year to the same tenant without using the agent.
In general, does the landlord have any financial obligation or commission to the tenant in the 2nd year, since the landlord used his own contract.

Answer
It sounds like the Landlord would not have any obligation to pay the agent on a renewal unless they had a contract which stated that the agent would be paid or that the agent was managing the property for the Landlord. You should check all documents related to this transaction to see if there is anything stated in the original contract about yearly renewal.

Real Estate: Florida

David O'Kelly