Real Estate: Georgia/Real Estate

Question
My name is Rashad.  I have invested in real estate for a living a few years back.  I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and rebuilding my capital. I live in Georgia.  I feel like I should be doing some things in the mean time.  I'm frustrated because it feels like I cant do anything without credit or liquid. My questions are as follows:

1.  What are some things that I can be working on or attending, etc in order to get a jump on things?

2. Do you know of any ways I can make money in the field of real estate if I have bad credit and less than $5k saved?

3. Do you know of any private lenders who's qualifications would be to look at my job history?

I am eager to leave my 9 to 5 and get back to working for myself.  Please help!!!!

Thanks.
--
Rashad A. Shaheed

"Passion is the genesis of genius."

Answer
Hi Rashad,
You say you had previously invested in Real Estate for a living, but you don't say what you were doing?  Selling, flipping, rehabbing and flipping, rental properties, or what?  You also say that your credit is bad, so I would assume that what you were doing in Real Estate failed.
1.  First thing you should do is rethink what you are going to do in Real Estate.  If what you were doing failed, what reason is there to think that now it will succeed?  It will probably take at least ten years for the market to recover.  Keep that in mind.
2.  If you are interested in rentals,  check out John Adams in Atlanta: http://www.money99.com/. John used to do a lot with rental programs and I think he also worked with financiers.  Sign up for his newsletter.
3.  In your current position, probably the best thing to do, would be to find a house in a GOOD location in very POOR repair that you can get for a very LOW price. You may not be able to get financing and may need to find an investor. Anyway, move into it, work at your day job and repair the house nights and weekends.  Then sell it and repeat.
4.  I don't think you're going to find a pile of gold in Real Estate anymore with out adding a lot of hard work.
5.  Of course you could go to school and get a Real Estate license and go out and sell Real Estate.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.  

Real Estate: Georgia

Sharon Huneycutt