Real Estate: Georgia/General questions

Question
One of our friend has reffered us a realtor as we are looking forward to buy a home in north fulton and forsyth.I have few questions related to it and I would be happy if you will answer:
The realtor they have worked with is very experienced and our friends were also very happy with her,she is associate broker with heritage real she lives in cobb county and served clients much more in cobb and Cherokee county comparatively to north fulton and forsyth.So, she is much more experienced in cobb and Cherokee than north fulton and forsyth.
So, should we assume that as won't be best choice in our case and we should interview an agent who has more experience in our preffered area?

Answer
Heny,
Let me answer you in this manner.  As an Associate Broker,I sell homes in the the north Georgia Mountains.  I can sell homes anywhere in the State of Georgia.  I don't.  Because I am not knowledgeable about homes in Cobb County and am marginally knowledgeable about Cherokee County.  I am happy to refer such customers to an agent who is competent in the area in which they want to purchase so they get the best representation possible even though I lose a sale.  I hope that in this, I gain a good reference.  I feel, that in densely populated areas with numerous subdivisions, it is even more important to know the area intimately.  
I hope this helps?  

Real Estate: Georgia

Sharon Huneycutt