Real Estate Home Mortgages/Mortgage Charge Off

Gail wrote at 2009-12-01 15:50:32
Don't feel bad. HSBC just did the same exact thing to us. Forclosed, got a judgement, set for sheriffs sale. Out of the blue, cancelled sale and charged off., Said home is ours with no payments, but must keep up maintenance, taxes, etc. Refuses to remove judgement so it can never be sold. We are at our wits end. Somethings wrong, but no attorney wants to touch it or has ever heard of it.  

Kay Kay wrote at 2012-12-08 00:22:21
ACCOUNT CHARGED OFF???  I just called them to ask what the balance was on my account because I am getting ready to finish my Chapter 13 and the courts will not be making my payments, so, I would need to start making payments to them directly.  The rep told me they charged off my account, therefore, they are not charging me any interest on the loan and anything that I pay will go towards the balance of the loan until the loan is paid off.  The representative told me that I could send in any amount that I wanted they did not care how much and they were not going to pursue me or make contact to me through collections!  YIPPEE for me.  This will allow me to have the 2nd mortgage (Which was originally $30,000.00 in 2006 - Balance now of $9,000.00) paid off in 3 more years!!!!  I was supposed to have a balloon payment in 2018 (which would have meant I would have owed a balloon payment of $12,000.00 at that time)...but, now the full balance of $30,000.00 being paid OFF after only 6 years with no balloon payment!  Thank you Jesus!!!!!

About Real Estate Home Mortgages
This topic answers questions related to purchasing a home, owning a home, home ownership, mortgage education, mortgage applications, and mortgage needs whether buying a first home or refinancing a current loan. Issues related to home ownership, home equity, mortgage education, refinacing options, home improvment finacing, first time home loans, home equity loans, vactation home loans, and mortgages for investment homes are dealt with here also. Though not the primary focus of this topic, Home Equity Lines of Credits (HELOCS), reverse mortgages, and calculating home equity may also be asked. If you do not see your home mortgae, home finacing, or home equity question answered in this area then please ask a question here

Real Estate Home Mortgages

Doug Walker

Fair and honest lending is my passion. I've been in full time in the mortgage business for 20 years as a loan officer, manager, owner, underwriter - and can probably handle most any question. I can help you save money on your next mortgage loan by explaining closing costs and identifying fair fees and "junk fees".

I have owned my own company as a broker and a banker, managed large production teams and have been a top producer in personal loan production. My experience includes all types of real estate lending: Conventional, FHA, VA, contruction and development loans. I currently work for one of the largest mortgage lenders in the nation and specialize in jumbo loans for private banking clients.

I have obtained mortgage and real estate licenses and have taken numerous continuing education courses. My certifications include underwriting authority for loans up to $1,000,000 and instructor for first time home buyer education courses.

President's Circle, Market Builder of the Year