Real Estate Home Mortgages/Citi refusing online access after Bankruptcy

My first question was ticket 2012112904001691, but I did not receive a response.  I did manage to find it by searching the answers in AllExperts with key words from my original question.
 Yes, I do want to keep the house since I have equity in it.  I do not believe there is a reason to refinance right now since both mortgages have just been modified.  
 The reason Citi is not allowing me online access is because I did not reaffirm after my Bk in 2011, and I cannot afford an attorney as you suggested.  As you said, it is too late to reaffirm, even if I wanted to; but is it legal for them to refuse access to the mortgage information after bankruptcy?  
 There are multiple discrepancies that I have been attempting to check out, but I do not know if it would qualify as extortion.  Please tell me what I would need to make an extortion claim?  I sent a partial payment history with my original question that shows 28 entries on the same day -  9/16/11.  Out of the 65 entries on the history from 8/5/10 to 3/15/12, only 20 are Payments, 8 entries appears to be reversals (negative amounts), 23 entries are "unknown", and the rest are "additional funds".  I cannot make heads or tails from it.  
 Sounds like my best shot is to claim extortion, but I need to know more than I do now.  Can you tell me where I can find the information?  Thanks for you assistance

Clearly, the bank has the information. My experience with banks in the period following the mortgage meltdown of 2008-9 is that the make it very difficult for individuals to deal with them, but they cooperate (out of fear?) with attorneys.

Ask the local Bar association if they have a free legal clinic. Another source for free legal help is the legal clinics operated by many law schools.

A person needs a lot of patience in dealing with the banks, and as I said before, the process becomes faster when you are represented by an attorney.

Best wishes,

About Real Estate Home Mortgages
This topic answers questions related to purchasing a home, owning a home, home ownership, mortgage education, mortgage applications, and mortgage needs whether buying a first home or refinancing a current loan. Issues related to home ownership, home equity, mortgage education, refinacing options, home improvment finacing, first time home loans, home equity loans, vactation home loans, and mortgages for investment homes are dealt with here also. Though not the primary focus of this topic, Home Equity Lines of Credits (HELOCS), reverse mortgages, and calculating home equity may also be asked. If you do not see your home mortgae, home finacing, or home equity question answered in this area then please ask a question here

Real Estate Home Mortgages

Eric Forster

Did your last mortgage broker or lender trick you into a messy situation which could cost you your home? I've been close to 30 years in the mortgage industry, and I've seen it all. Believe me, it is not pretty. As the owner of a mortgage company I am called frequently to testify as an expert witness in mortgage fraud cases and other cases where lenders did not fully disclose the terms of the loans they were offering to the borrowers. I have seen fraud being committed by borrowers - and by lenders. It's a tough world out there. And by the way - you are invited to visit my website,

More than 25 years in loan production and underwriting in Southern California.

Mortgage Bankers of America (Southern California Chapter)

Former columnist for AOL Financial Center and the author of a mortgage primer.

MBA (Finance)