Real Estate Home Mortgages/Refinance after short sale

Question
We completed a short sale in April, 2011.  Last October we purchased a condo and my father qualified for the mortgage.  The down payment came from our funds and we have been making the mortgage and property tax payments.  My father signed a quit claim deed in 11/12 but we have not recorded it.

Our down payment was more than 20% and the condo has increased in value.  Our FICO score is approx. 750.  PITI is approx. 28% of our income.  How can we get this condo into our names?  

Thank you.

J

Answer
Hi Jill,
If this transaction is in California, I can help you complete this process.  It would involve refinancing the property.  If you have 20% equity in the property, I have a loan program that will refinance the condo into your name, with the short sale at least 2 years old.  Make sure on the date of the short sale.  A property profile will confirm the date it was sold.  Please call me at 800-785-4952 for assistance.  Thank you.
Joe Almirantearena
About Real Estate Home Mortgages
This topic answers questions related to purchasing a home, owning a home, home ownership, mortgage education, mortgage applications, and mortgage needs whether buying a first home or refinancing a current loan. Issues related to home ownership, home equity, mortgage education, refinacing options, home improvment finacing, first time home loans, home equity loans, vactation home loans, and mortgages for investment homes are dealt with here also. Though not the primary focus of this topic, Home Equity Lines of Credits (HELOCS), reverse mortgages, and calculating home equity may also be asked. If you do not see your home mortgae, home finacing, or home equity question answered in this area then please ask a question here

Real Estate Home Mortgages

Joe Almirantearena