Real Estate Law (esp. Landlord-Tenant)/Tenancy UD Question

I am preparing to evict a tenant from my home in Los Angeles.  I was forced to dismiss one UD case after the tenant proved that my statement of rent due was incorrect.

I am preparing to refile the UD case, but this time I'm going to understate the amount of rent owed by a couple of thousand dollars.  

Will this guarantee that the tenant cannot claim an incorrect amount in court, resulting in a second dismissal?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

There's never any guarantees in court, Rick.  An overstatement of rent due, however, will likely be fatal to an eviction.  You may not put down late fees on the termination notice.  There are many other restrictions as well.  My firm handles evictions in Los Angeles.  Let me know if you would like our help.

Thanks for your question!

David Piotrowski
Attorney at Law

*No Attorney/Client Relationship and No Legal Advice -

Nothing contained herein is intended to be, nor shall be, legal advice. The above information is not intended as a solicitation and is not intended to be legal advice.  It is your responsibility to seek out competent legal advice from a qualified legal professional before making any decisions relating to your issue.  The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be made based solely on advertisements.

Real Estate Law (esp. Landlord-Tenant)

David Piotrowski, Esq.

My landlord/tenant practice primarily assists California landlords with all aspects of the landlord/tenant relationship including leases, contract violations, non-payment of rent, and evictions. I can also advise, on a more general level, other real property issues.

Please visit or for more information on my practice.

Juris Doctor (JD) and Member of the State Bar. Attorney.