Real Estate Law (esp. Landlord-Tenant)/Problem with another tenant.


What can I do as a Tenant when having problems with another Tenant who constantly and intentionally are disturbing the peace? I have called the police in 2 occasions, they have talked with them but they keep doing it as soon as the police leave the place. I have notified the Landlord the super and have written to the management company but without any results? The problem has worsened since it looks like now they are doing it as retaliation.

Hi Adermin,

Depending on the exact situation, the landlord may have a duty to provide you quiet enjoyment of the property. You might be able to cancel your lease and move under certain circumstances. You should consult a local NY attorney.

Thanks for your question.

David Piotrowski
Attorney at Law

*No Attorney/Client Relationship and No Legal Advice -

Nothing contained herein is intended to be, nor shall be, legal advice. The above information is not intended as a solicitation and is not intended to be legal advice.  It is your responsibility to seek out competent legal advice from a qualified legal professional before making any decisions relating to your issue.  The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be made based solely on advertisements.

Real Estate Law (esp. Landlord-Tenant)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


David Piotrowski, Esq.


My landlord/tenant practice primarily assists California landlords with all aspects of the landlord/tenant relationship including leases, contract violations, non-payment of rent, and evictions. I can also advise, on a more general level, other real property issues.


Please visit or for more information on my practice.

Juris Doctor (JD) and Member of the State Bar. Attorney.

©2017 All rights reserved.