Real Estate: Nevada/Secure Condo Complex in Las Vegas

Hi! Am thinking of a "second home" in Vegas since I travel there often anyway, but need something that will be "secure" when I'm NOT there, which may be for months at a time. Lease-to-own, rent, or flat out buy are all things I'm considering. I've looked at Veer etc. on the Strip (too many $$)and also LVCC (too old, and not really THAT secure.)

Do you have the names or websites of some condo complexes that would have a "doorman" or decent security of some kind? Probably I'm gonna be stuck with a mid rise or high rise since the low rises often do not have doormen or gates?

If buying, probably no more than $200K for a 1-2 BR, and I know that won't buy me a Strip Condo probably, but anywhere in town is okay (except perhaps NLV) as long as it's a SECURE place I wouldn't feel bad about leaving unattended for months at a time while traveling.

Oh, and being close to shopping, parks, nice views of the valley or Strip etc. is always a plus. I actually liked the Ogden in DT, but of course they're just leasing now. Would probably prefer to buy so I'll eventually have some equity in my "box of air" rather than just renting or leasing.

Can you give me the names of a few places around town that might fit that bill?

Hi Scott,

I literally just got the notification of your request from AllExperts! They must have had a glitch, because your question was one of several that didn't come in. :(

Anyway, there are several complexes that would fit what you are looking for. And some of them ARE on the Strip! I have placed a couple of links below to properties that are currently on the market that might work for you. Just click on the links or copy and paste them into your browser and then use the arrows in the top left hand corner to scroll through the properties. - 15 high rise properties near the Strip, including Panorama, Sky Las Vegas and Allure, and also some condos out at Lake Las Vegas. - Manhattan, Park Avenue and Palm Beach Resort (also known as the Boca Raton Condos) are all midrises that have good security and lower association fees than the high rises in the first link.

You didn't indicate your age, so I went ahead and included a few townhomes (maintenance free) that are in a guard gated age restricted community. Those would be in the second link along with some mid rise condos that have good security. The name of the community is Sun Colony at Summerlin. If those don't work for you, just disregard those listings.

And I excluded the condo hotels, as those are usually not suitable for occupancy of more than a month at a time. If you would like to consider those for potential extra income when you are not in residence, however, just let me know and I can send them along.

Hope this helps, and feel free to email me at with any questions! Again, sorry for the horrendous delay in the response, but I just never received the request.

Hi again, Scott,

Just thought I would also send you a link to our web site in case you want to search active listings yourself or set yourself up on an alert for a specific condo complex. Go to:

All of the major condo developments are listed already. (Most of the online sites do no differentiate between high rise condos and regular condos.)

Just go to the page of the ones you are interested in and then click on the photo of one of the listings. You will be prompted to set up a free account with name and email address. You can then actually set up a separate alert for each complex you are interested in so that you will receive new listings as soon as they go on the market. And you can save your favorite listings so that you can check on the sales status of them as you wish. Let me know if I can do anything else for you!  

Real Estate: Nevada

Diann and Glen Tonnesen

My husband and I have been selling real estate in the Las Vegas Valley for over 24 years, and have personally helped over a 1,000 familes call Las Vegas home. We can answer any questions you might have on buying or selling new or resale homes, condos, high rises, and vacant land. We are also mortgage brokers and can answer financing questions as well. In addition we have the number one ranked site on Google for Las Vegas real estate which contains over 400 pages of information on buying and selling real estate in Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City. Check out our Las Vegas related web sites at:

Las Vegas Real Estate
Las Vegas Condos
Henderson Real Estate
Las Vegas Golf Course Homes

We have been licensed in Nevada since 1983 and have personally sold well over 1,000 homes. Previously we worked with Century 21 for 16 years locally and were ranked as the top agents in the state and region, as well as within the top 20 of all Century 21 agents nationally. Currently we work for Prudential Americana Group Realtors and are ranked in the top 10 of all Prudential agents nationally for number of homes sold.

CNN, PRWeb, Las Vegas Review Journal, multiple real estate blogs

Ranked within the top 20 of all Century 21 sales associates nationally numerous years Ranked within the top 10 of all Prudential sales associates numerous years Multiple years ranked as top agents in our various offices Quality service award winners multiple years