Real Estate: New York/Selling My House

Question
Hello !
I am selling my house which of course is posted all over the internet.
My main concern is over the years I have come across some nasty people - one of whom turned out to be a realtor - several years back.
Can any of these people find the postings of my house and have the selling of my house somehow sabotaged ?
Please let me know.
Thanks !

Answer
Hi Arnold,

The answer to your question is not really.  It is highly unlikely that an agent can sabotage your sale.  If you signed an exclusive with one of them and you are within the period where they are entitled to a commission, they could come after you for the money.  But it is highly unlikely they will do anything to hurt you.  For every one agent that is mad at you, there are a thousand agents that would still show your house to a client.  And if you are looking to do owner direct, there is even less that an agent can do.  Even if an agent attempted to steer a buyer away from you because of personal issues, it would be a tremendous risk as it is illegal to do that and they can lose their license.  I am a broker by trade, and I don't know any agent that would do that.  While they can find the listing, there is not much they can do to you.  Try not to worry.

If I am missing information or there is another side to this, let me know and I will do my best to answer you.  

Real Estate: New York

Mark Shemel