Real Estate: North Carolina/Relocating to Cary, NC area

Us: Myself (age 62), wife (age 57), daughter (age 23- sophmore in college)

We have an interest in moving from central Arkansas to NC and are looking at the Cary area.  Interested in the scenery, not too hectic, low crime, nice homes (approx $250K range).

Here are a few questions. (1) What can you tell me about the pros and cons of living in this area? (2)What is the Topography like? (3) college closeby for daughter? (4)entertainment/shopping etc.? (5) Traffic?

ANSWER: Good morning and thank you so much for your questions!!!  Cary is a very nice town, that is spread out and has easy access to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill.  Cary is "newer" if you will and the price values are a bit higher.  

The cons of living in Cary is the home values are a bit higher, so depending on where you are coming form, you may or may not get as much home as you want for the price.  The pro of that is the home values are steady and growing! In addition, there are a large amount of greenways, parks, shopping....within minutes!

The topography is slight hills in some areas, not really flat, quite green and lots of new development in some parts of Cary.

The college choices are vast....NC State, UNC, Duke, Meredith, William Peace, Shaw, NC Central, Wake Tech, St Augustines, Durham Tech....all within 30 minutes of Cary!!!

Shopping opportunities are vast and within 20 minutes.....quaint Cameron Village, North Hills, South Point Mall, Crabtree, downtown cary and Apex.

The traffic in and around Cary is not a problem.  It does get busy on the major interstates during rush hour(as in any area near large cities), but off the major highways, not a problem!

I would be happy to sends you the relocation guide, along with some other information on Cary and homes for sale, just so you have an idea of what your money can buy you in the area!!  

If you would like to send me your address, i will be happy to get that in the mail.  My email address is

I look forward to hearing from you and hope this has helped!!!

Thanks for your information.
It would seem a logical step to perhaps rent a home short term before purchasing.  Can you suggest neighborhoods for (1) rental purposes and (2) purchasing a home?  We are a mid level income family and would be interested in areas that are safe and where the homes are well kept/maintained.

P.S. With your permission, may we continue our dialogue by telephone sometime?  May we use your contact information provided in your response?

Good morning......I just had a couple relocating to the area and opted to rent, while they learned about the area.  I think that is certainly wise and I am more than happy to help you with rentals, as we begin to explore the area and various neighborhoods that would meet your needs.

You are certainly email me at or visit my website at

I look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you with this relocation!!!!

Have a fabulous Wednesday!!!

Real Estate: North Carolina

Tonya Snow-Saleeby

I am a Realtor® in Raleigh Durham area and have working knowledge of the market in Durham, Raleigh, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Bahama, Rougemont, Roxboro and surrounding areas. If it involves real estate, I can help you!! I have worked extensively with bank and HUD foreclosures, as well as short sales. In addition, I have worked with many first time homebuyers...providing them with valuable information and insight into the exciting first home purchase!!!

I was born and raised in Roxboro and spent much of my time in Durham. After living in Savannah, Georgia for some 14 years, I have returned to Durham. Since returning, I have been working as a Real Estate Professional and know the market well. I also have working knowledge of the surrounding areas, such as Hillsborough, Mebane, Efland, Rougemont, Bahama, Cary, Morrisville and Raleigh. In addition, I am the Training Mentor for new agents who join our office. This allows me the opportunity to help them through the first 13 months of their real estate career. Education and a passion for success is key!!

National Association of Realtors® Durham Regional Associationof Realtors® Dover Ridge HOA Board Member President of the Home & School Association for Immaculata Catholic School, Durham, NC Past Co-leader for Cadette Troop 449

NC Certified Real Estate Broker Fonville Morisey Realty Broker Relocation Certified Associate Certified Real Estate Negotiator Graduate Realtor Institute(GRI) North Carolina Notary Public Training Mentor Completion of Fonville Morisey Staging To Sell Completion of Financing Dreams, NC Housing Finance Agency

Fonville Morisey Manager's Award for April & December 2007; February, April & November 2008; March, April, May, July, August 2009; April, June, July, September & December 2010; March, April, May, July, October & December 2011; January, March, May, July, August, September, October 2012; April, June, September, October & November 2013; February, March, April, May, July & August 2014 Fonville Morisey Sales Associate of the Month for March 2009,September 2010, June 2011, July, September 2012; February & August 2014 Fonville Morisey Listings Sold Associate of the Month for December 2010, July 2014 Fonville Morisey Listing Associate of the month for December 2011 2nd Quarter Outgoing Referral Agent, 2014 Fonville Morisey Executive's Club 2007, 2008 & 2010 Fonville Morisey Director's Club 2009, 2011, 2012 & 2013 Fonville Morisey Fast Trackers Award 2007 Fonville Morisey Spirit Award for Croasdaile office 2010

I recently purchased a home in Durham, and Tonya was my realtor. I wanted to tell you how wonderful an experience it was to work with Tonya. I am probably the longest standing client she has ever had! My first encounter with Tonya was about 1 1/2 years ago. After living and renting in Durham at that time for about 3 years, I had decided it was time to go house hunting. I drove by a home that I considered a possibility and Tonya`s name was on the sign as the listing agent. I immediately called her from my cell phone and... she answered!!! I never did look at that home; but since that day Tonya has spent countless hours assisting me with my home investment, and she has always been available in a timely manner. She consistently worked with a particular listing agent who was, in my opinion, next to impossible, if not utterly impossible to work with. When the sale of that property failed for us, she did not skip a beat with proceeding to the next "adventure!" She completed all of the "legwork" for me and did so eagerly, making phone calls, getting questions answered, setting up inspections, as well as showing me many, many properties and encouraging me when I looked at her with each and every "no" . Finally, we found the property that is right for me, and during the closing process, Tonya worked relentlessly to accomplish the necessary steps so that we could close to my satisfaction. Tonya handled difficult situations with ease and confidence and professionalism. She remains calm under pressure, and is consistently upbeat and positive. Tonya went above and beyond in every aspect of my experience. I truly feel that she is not only my realtor but my friend, and Fonville Morisey has a loyal client because of Tonya Snow-Saleeby. Charlene You really are amazing. I was in business for 40 years and I’ve never met anyone with your amazing work ethic—just one of your great business skills......Frank and Nancy