Real Estate: Ohio/quit claim deed

My father a florida resident before he died excuded a quit claim deed of his 6 acres of land in ohio to me. He was living with me in florida and he filed out the ohio form but had a florida notary notorize it. Is this legal? Did we have to have a OH notary notorize this?

Thank you

Hi Rosalie,

Did you file the quit claim deed in the recorders office in the Ohio county where the land is located? If not, you would want to speak with someone in that office to help you determine if there is any further action you should have taken or need to take with your situation. Would love to know how this works out for you!

Debbie Hollon

Real Estate: Ohio

Debbie Hollon

Questions relating to selling and buying Real Estate in West Central Ohio. Including representation of buyers and sellers, real estate terms,investing in real estate, 1031 tax exchange, choosing a Realtor to sell your property, how to prepare your home to sell in todays market,and steps to take to purchase a home.

I have been selling real estate for 13 1/2 years in this market area which includes Marysville,Findlay, Lima, Kenton, Ada, Belle Center, Alger, McGuffey and the beautiful Indian Lake area. I have also worked in the Commercial field in these locations.

OAR, Ohio Association of Realtors NAR, National Association of Realtors Columbus Board of Realtors Loopnet Premium Member

None at this point.

Received my real estate education from Lima Technical College in Lima Ohio.I have also taken continuing education classes through Hondros College and various workshops and seminars throughout Ohio including Toledo, Lima, and Columbus.I have also received my professional designations in Property Management and Commercial Real Estate

Realtor of the Year. Top listing agent. Top Producer. Million Dollar Club. Quality Service Award.

There is so many wonderful people I have worked with that I could not possibly mention them all. It would be a great injustice to try and pick and choose.