Real Estate: Ohio/quit claim deed

Question
My father a florida resident before he died excuded a quit claim deed of his 6 acres of land in ohio to me. He was living with me in florida and he filed out the ohio form but had a florida notary notorize it. Is this legal? Did we have to have a OH notary notorize this?

Thank you
Rosalie

Answer
Hi Rosalie,

Did you file the quit claim deed in the recorders office in the Ohio county where the land is located? If not, you would want to speak with someone in that office to help you determine if there is any further action you should have taken or need to take with your situation. Would love to know how this works out for you!

Sincerely,
Debbie Hollon

Real Estate: Ohio

Debbie Hollon