Real Estate: Pennsylvania/Best way to learn about Pittsburgh and choose an area to buy in

Question
We live in AZ and wold like to retire to Pittsburgh, but are not familiar with the city. We would like info on areas where we could buy a home in a safe area, near public transportation, and - hopefully a single story home. (Looking online we don't see many single story homes). Researching from across the country is difficult. We are planning a scouting trip soon, but don't know how to best make use of that time. What is the best way to learn about the best areas of the city to consider? Our internet research has confused me re the different Pittsburgh neighborhoods.

Answer
Hello,

My recommendation would be to contact a few real estate offices and ask to speak with the manager or an experienced buyers agent who was born in the Pittsburg area and who has been in real estate for at least 10 years.  These agents can tell you all about the areas that would best fit your needs and they cans email or send you information about Pittsburg and answer the questions you have.  I have referred people to a RE/MAX office in Pittsburg before their number and the Manager in that office is Nancy S. Miller , Office:  412-833-0900 ext. 2518.  If you call her she will be able to match you with an agent that can help you.  You can also go to  www.zillow.com and search for realtors in the Pittsburg area where you can see their profiles and see reviews about these agents from other clients.  You may find an agent their that you can contact as well.  

I hope these answers help you and good luck with everything.

Real Estate: Pennsylvania

Tim Meagher