Real Estate: Texas/Home Title Transfer

Question
I was divorced in 1996. The house is now paid for, and I would like to remove my name from the deed. What do I need to do?

Answer
As long as you follow the divorce decree you can just convey your interest in the home.  If the decree says to give your interest to your ex-wife, etc.

Search online for or go see an attorney and have a "Special Warranty Deed" drafted and execute before a Notary Public.  Take the completed Special Warranty Deed to the county clerk in the county in which the property is located and record the deed in the "Real Property Records".

This will convey out your interest in the property and you will no longer have any ties to it.

Sincerely,

Cliff Williams
www.bcwilliamslaw.com

Real Estate: Texas

Cliff Williams