Real Estate: Texas/Transfer home title in Texas

Question
My home was paid off in November 2009.  I re-married in January 2011 and now the home is vacant.  I want to transfer title to my grandson for a nominal amount, but my spouse, who is not on the title to the house, is against this.  Must I have spouse approval to transfer title to my grandson?

Answer
This is your sole and separate property and so long as you owned it completely prior to your marriage in 2011 then you have all the authority that you need to convey the property as you desire.

Plus, if the home is vacant and your homestead property is a different property then you are even further clear to convey as you see fit.

Good luck!

Cliff Williams

Real Estate: Texas

Cliff Williams