Real Estate: Texas/Problem with property manager

I hired a property manager to manage my home that I rent out in Mansfield, TX.(I live in California).  I decided not to use her company  anymore and gave her a 30 day notice on March 1, 2013.  I paid her her fee for the month.  I requested the keys, the tenant's security deposit(the tenant is still living there), and my funds of $250.00 that she keeps in case repairs need to be made to the property.

It is now April 4, 2013 and she has not given me any of those items.  By law, how long should I give her before I start a claim against her.  Thanks

That is purely a contract issue.  If you had a contract with her then review the contract to determine the amount of time required for settlement.  If you did not have a contract with the property manager then you could begin proceedings at any time.  There is no statutory time period to wait before moving forward with hiring an attorney and pursuing the funds.

Hope this helps.

Cliff Williams

Real Estate: Texas

Cliff Williams

Questions related to ownership and transfer of title in real property within the State of Texas. I can answer general questions related to real property in other states but I will be specific with anyone asking a Texas real property question.

Texas Title Attorney

Bachelor of Business Management and a Law Degree from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law in Fort Worth. Member of the Tarrant County Bar, Dallas County Bar, and Texas State Bar.