Real Estate:Washington State/Child support Lien

Question
My ex husband and I bought property in 2001 and at that time he owed approx $5000 in child support arrears so they attached a lien to the property.  During our marriage he paid it off.  In the divorce in 2007 I was awarded the property.  I never switched it over to my name on the deed.  I am now trying to sell the property and the lien is showing owed still.  He currently owes back child support to me and his other ex wife.  How do I go about getting the lien off the property?

Answer
I think that the best option would be to talk to your title representative and see if they can remove it. They will be able to pull your divorce decree and see that the property was awarded to you in 2007. Your realtor/broker should be able to assist you with getting that removed through the title company.

Real Estate:Washington State

non user