Real Estate: Wisconsin/Best location for resale

Question
I have the opportunity to purchase a residential lot in a very nice subdivision of custom homes that is liquidating their invetory. I can choose from sizes ranging from 1/3 acre to 1 acre. Wooded, sloped, cul de sac. This will be an investment for resale. My question is: what type of lot is the most attractive for an average buyer?

Answer
 Know this....a sloped lot...depending upon the slope and where the house can be put on the lot abiding by the setbacks and set asides established with the municipality...means you can build a home with a full or partial exposure...this is the most expensive kind of house to build.  Depending upon the demand or quantity of these kinds of lots...they can be more expensive because they are in demand..or less expensive because some people would rather put the money into other part of their home and are not concerned with the usage of the lower level...whether there can be daylight windows and\or the ability to walk out of the lower level.
  Look at the prices of the homes that are built in this subdivision and the size and shape of the lots that have sold...what do they back up to...what are they next to....history repeats itself...what are the size of those that either have sold in that area or areas near by. The cost of the homes will determine that as well.
  My guess is that about a half an acre...one that could easily allow for a side entrance attached garage would be the most popular. If you need to consult a builder to see how a house could be positioned on a lot, that could help you as well.  Good luck...it IS the best time to buy.

Real Estate: Wisconsin

Sally K. & David L. Hanson, ABR, CDPE, e-Pro