Real Estate: Wisconsin/can I be sued for back taxes on deceased family property?

Question
I understand what you say about a short sale, however I do not own the property, and it still has both my deceased in-laws name on the bill of sale.  It is too costly to change this, I've already inquired about this with my lawyer.  Can I be sued for my deceased in laws unpaid taxes on this property?  I have not been paying them.  I was told that the state would sell it for unpaid taxes, and now this letter has arrived,  to my decease father in law.

Answer
I am not a lawyer...so I can't really address the suing part of your question...what I can tell you is that in a short sale, the bank will pay the taxes and any other liens with the money that they get from the buyer.  I would guess, anyone can be sued for anything.....the short sale will take care of paying the taxes.

Real Estate: Wisconsin

Sally K. & David L. Hanson, ABR, CDPE, e-Pro