Real Estate: Wisconsin/Wisconsin Property and Fracking

My husband and I live in Chicago.  We have some relatives in WI and wanted to retire there.  Specifically considering Mineral Point and Richland Center and their nearby surrounding areas.  We have been "shopping" online, viewing properties, and talking with 3  WI agents to get educated.  I just recently read about silica fracking in WI ("booming" business).  I noticed the area(s) we were interested in were affected by the mining (especially Richland Center).  The agent(s) we spoke to NEVER mentioned the fracking.  An agent in Viroqua finally owned up to it after we confronted him with the question by saying he "saw the trucks" moving the sand along the roads.

Would you know anything about the fracking situation/how the carcinogen would travel across the state.

Also, there seem to be a large number of ranch/mobile homes and they all seem to have similar layouts and built around the same time (1970s) with only 1-2 acres (average) and a large amount of crops around the home(s).  Could you offer any insights into this.

My husband and I appreciate your help. :)

We are not from that part of the state and while I know what fracking is...I cannot comment on what may be happening and the effect it may have on the area.  An environmental engineer/expert may be more the title of the person you want to contact for the highest and best expertise.
  As to the mobile home and lot size - this sounds like a size that a municipality may have determined - ie one mobile unit per 2 acres. I would contact the zoning/planning department of the area in which they are located to confirm this is the case.  

Real Estate: Wisconsin

Sally K. & David L. Hanson, ABR, CDPE, e-Pro

Residential, investment and commercial real estate. Certified Distressed Property Experts (CDPE) experienced in Short Sales.

Involved in many phases of real estate since the 80's including investment, remodeling, design, buying, selling, special training in real estate for seniors, relocation and short sale certified.

National Ass'n of Realtors, Greater Milwaukee Area Realtors, Certified Distressed Property Experts Active Rain (website)

Active Rain Blog - www.WisconsinRelocation.Net

ABR - Buyers Agent, e-Pro - Internet proficient, CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Experts

President's Circle for Sales Achievement Frequent Agents for the month and quarter for sales/listings

Residential, investment and commercial real estate references available upon request.