Reform Judaism/prayers for study

I am Jain Varghese from India. I would like to know the kind of prayers apt before study. I am a chartered accountancy student. I find it very hard to study. I would be very grateful to you if you can give me a prayer(preferably ancient) that can be recited before study. It can be psalms too. I am not jewish by birth. I am a roman catholic. But i am learning and reading much about judaism which might in future result in a converstion. But for the moment i am focused on my  study.

Thank you.

We have prayers before studying the Torah and Talmud, but nothing for general studies that I am aware of or could find. I did find some for Catholoicism and they can be found at this link:

Hope this helps, shalom  

Reform Judaism

Ovadiah ben Avraham

All questions pertaining to Judaism in general; medical and ethical Halakhah; New Testament theology as it pertains to Judaism. I am committed to both interfaith relations and counter-missionary arguments. Indeed, if one looks closely, there is no contradiction. My right to swing my arms ends where your nose begins. We can discuss without malice and possibly even learn something from one another.

Yeshiva and self-study.

Havaruah Kol Ami (Conservo-Reconstructionist Minhag)

Doctorate Degree