Reggae/Re: Trying to find out the lyrics & guitar chords of two British Lovers Rock Reggae tunes.

SUZUKI wrote at 2008-02-28 11:45:54
Hi, not sure about the first one but the other was originally done by the Mighty Diamonds, a Jamaican band who are still going and are in concert  in March (for those who are interested!)

Barbie wrote at 2008-04-07 12:51:26
Spell was sung by Sylvia Tella if i remember rightly. Other answer about going to country where air etc etc sounds like words from Cool Meditation by Third World. Cheers!

iona3011 wrote at 2009-03-21 17:47:28
I hope you found the answer. but in case you did't  the 1st one is spell by sylvia Tella and the 2nd is Sandra Cross and the Mighty Diamonds did the original

brian wrote at 2011-04-03 21:10:24
IDK about the first song, but the Mightly Diamonds sing the second one "country living".

-note the Inna De Yard version of that song is better IMO :-)

hope that helps

Dawn wrote at 2013-03-08 16:10:25
Gloria Tella sang SPELL the song you are looking of my favs :0))Find it on youtube.

George Armstrong

I can answer questions about the music, the artists, the instruments, vocal and recording techniques, and many other aspects. I'm not Ras Tafarian, but I understand the culture and I love the music. My key interests are Dub, female artists, the influence of blues, and titles that express love and family support.

I've been playing lead guitar and studying music for over 40 years. I've never played in a Reggae band. However, I've been studying Reggae on and off since the 1970's. I spend about 1 or 2 hours a week studying Reggae and Dub.

I've paid my dues in the dance pit at The Wild Hair And Singing Armadillo Frog Sanctuary. Aside from that, I have a degree in Computer Science, and post graduate studies.