Reiki/Ref: question

Good day Pam
Thanks for the answer.What are the main reiki meridian points that can be massaged with aromatic oil and how does one massage these points. Also what are the benefits of massaging these points.

In my practice I focus on the areas of the body that typically hold the most emotion. Instead of massaging the meridians I would use light brush-like strokes with oils in the direction of the muscle, working down the meridian. This will help to release any energy stored in these areas. I usually begin at the top of the head, working down toward the bottom of the skull. Energetically speaking, I find focusing here first opens the crown chakra to allow a smooth and easy energy flow throughout the Reiki session. Then I move to the top of the chest/collarbone and out to the shoulders and down the arms. Massaging the hands, fingers, and webbing between the fingers can help relieve pain and stress throughout the body. Then move from the arms to just above the hips in the middle of the lower, massaging outward to the sides of the body. Then to the hamstrings, particularly the middle of the hamstrings, also tend to hold a lot of emotions. Then, lastly, down the legs to the feet and the webbing (fascia) between the toes is the final spot to work. I'm including a link to the meridians of the body just in case you'd like to see a visual. I hope this helps.

Pam Cotter

Ask me questions about anything Reiki-related, chakras and chakra alignment, pendulum work, working/healing with gemstones and crystals. I will not send Reiki through All Experts, so please do not ask. I work by appointment only and can be contacted at

Certified Reiki Master/Teacher (Usui System) with over nine years of experience, offering private sessions, attunements and training. In 2002, Pam saw an ad for a Reiki I class and decided on a whim to give it a try. During the next year she completed her Master/Teacher class. For the next several years she gave treatments to friends and family and dabbled in attunements when asked, never really having a desire to be a full-time healer or teacher. In the last few years the call to fully realize herself as a healer and teacher became too loud to ignore, so Pam began focusing her attention on Reiki, leaning toward the compassionate action-based practice of Karuna Reiki. She believes everyone has their own style as a healer and a teacher, Pamís being a more laid-back, relaxed approach toward her practice. She believes her purpose in life and in her Reiki practice is to introduce healing tools and wellness principles to those who ask for them, so they can apply those tools and principles to their own lives to bring about good health, balance, and happiness.

REIKI TRAINING/CERTIFICATES: Reiki I 2002 Reiki II 2002 Advanced Master Reiki 2002 Karuna Reiki 2003 Reiki Master/Teacher 2003