Reiki/After effects of reiki session

Question
Hi Frans and Bronwen Stiene,

I had an hour of reiki energy healing 2 days back. The lady was really good and explained everything she saw and did during the time period. For the next two days, I felt a little dizzy, warm soles but that was it. I had trouble sleeping as usual which is normal as I have been suffering from insomnia for a long time.They say that after reiki you have deep sleep but I did not experience it. However, Yesterday when I was drifting off to sleep and was in the state between wakefulness and sleep, I felt this strong surge of energy/current or whatever it is called all around me. It was really powerful and whizzing all around me. I felt like as If I was getting sucked into it. I opened my eyes and saw tiny gold sparkles nearby. I got really scared and woke up.After that I had difficulty sleeping and managed to go to sleep after a few hours.

Can you please tell me what is going on?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Madhu,

When we work with energy you might get different experiences, see things, feel things, hear things etc... this is just a side effect of working with energy. In essence it means something is shifting within yourself, no need to label or interpret it.
Sometimes when we first go deeper into our true self/reiki we might get scared as it all feels new to us, this is very normal.
This is why it is so important as a practitioner to make sure you are grounded, we can do this wit our daily Reiki meditations.
If we are not grounded enough we also might start to feel a bit dizzy during or after a hands on healing session, so the best thing is to do some grounding meditations after the session.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Frans Stiene

Reiki

Frans & Bronwen Stiene