Reiki/Fainting after reiki

Hi I just started with reiki and got my reiki 1 attunement. I practiced reiki on a friend and I felt fine and she did also but the next day I fainted. I've never fainted before in my life, plus i wasn't doing anything to exert myself. Maybe I did something wrong during the treatment?. Thank you for your time.

Hi Aria,

When we work with energy we need to make sure we are well prepared within ourself.

This means eating a good breakfast, lunch and dinner so the food keeps our energy in our body.

This also means that you need to practice the meditations taught within the system of Reiki to keep you centred and strong.

It can sometimes happen that when our energy changes we get a bit "overwhelmed" and might faint.

So make sure that you first prepare yourself.

Hope this helps.

Frans & Bronwen Stiene

Ask us about the system of Reiki! Our interest is in researching the system from its Japanese origins. You can find out more from our website We don't send healing or attunements through All Experts so please do not ask for this but we are very happy to answer any questions you may have about the system of Reiki and how it works and can work for you.

Collectively we have over 20 years experience in healing and the system of Reiki. We teach bi-annually in North America, Europe and Asia, and are based in Australia. Authors of these Reiki Books: The Reiki Sourcebook The Japanese Art of Reiki Your Reiki Treatment A-Z of Reiki Reiki Techniques Card Deck Creators of these CDs: Reiki Meditations for Self-Healing (Sounds True) Reiki Kan Reiki Tenohira Reiki Ho

Founders of Shibumi International Reiki Association Members of: Australian Reiki Connection Association of Australian Reiki Professionals Japanese Holistic Reiki Association

Kindred Spirit (UK) Paranormal (UK) Nature & Health (Australia)

Reiki Teachers and Practitioners