Reincarnation/mother and daughter past life reunion

AC wrote at 2011-12-29 22:07:41
While I believe that there is more to this universe than man can see and touch today, the aspects of the universe that you *can* see and touch are very real too, and that's a thing many other spiritual-minded people have missed.

I don't know what "this drug" is, but if it's not a cold remedy you hadn't tried before or somesuch, realize that the brain is the seat of all emotion and all sensation. It's been proven often that it *can* be fooled, and stimulated to provide experiences that do not reflect reality.

When it comes to narcotics or medications, know this: In the case of the first, there's a reason "mind-altering substances" are called that - at a cost to your body and mind that doctors and scientists are *not* making up just to be mean and spoil your fun, they give you these experiences by interfering with the chemical mechanisms of the organ that is responsible for "experiencing." And if it's psych meds, or other medications known to have mind-altering properties, well... the intent is more benign but the effect is the same. No matter how intense the experience, before one decides one has found God in a pill, one should at least Google the side-effects of what they're taking. It may be that one in every ten patients feels perfectly happy and connected with the universe for half an hour.

It's not what anyone wants to hear, I know. These feelings are so real and so intense, I know. But if a brain whose ability to feel and to reason was altered by chemicals completely and absolutely convinced its owner that she saw and felt wings on her back, as solid-looking as her hands and feet, what would happen were she to jump off a high-rise?

I hope you enjoy your relationship, continue your recovery from abuse, and if applicable, mind your safety when it comes to whatever you’re taking.

(As for me, I very much hope that the people who were important to us in one life may be with us in another. I’m hearing a few encouraging stories, but there’s not always the “homework” I’d like to see to be convinced.)

Next time around wrote at 2013-04-22 03:05:03
I also had a similar experience with a friend of mine.

There was this very long string of circumstances connecting my life to that of known writer.

Completely strange coincidences where we both did the same things like naming our daughters after the characters in our first book.

Then very soon after I ran into a young woman who had a number of coincidences connecting her to being his mother.

When we met we had this strong feeling of being mother and son even though we did not discuss it.

We are both Buddhist and apparently this isn't considered too strange in our religion.

Amazingly my family has accepted her as part of the family. It is the most extraordinary relationship.

So I am happy to read about someone else with this situation :)

Next time around wrote at 2013-04-22 14:52:15

Reincarnation

Sandra Sparks