Reincarnation/Reincarnation of baby.

my baby daughter recently passed away suddenly. I have done a lot of thinking, praying and inviting her to come back to us in a new body as our child. Very surprisingly I now find myself pregnant, and this new pregnancy probably came about only about 10 to 14 days after my daughter passed. There have been many very strange and very low probability things that have occured with my child that died regarding her own conception, birth and death, and now this. A long and unusual drought that went on for my daughter's entire life beginning a few days after she was born broke the day of her farewell ceremony. We have had massive thunder and lightning storms since then and about 2 weeks after she passed a small tornado (there are not tornados here ever), and many many rainbows, and double rainbows almost everyday for three or so weeks. We are Buddhists, and I find great comfort in the idea that she may be coming back to us. I just wanted to know what you think about this. I suppose there is no way to really know is there, but if you have any insight into our situation, or some advice, or resources to look at I would be very grateful.
Thank you.

Dear Huia,

Well, I'm not psychic and it would be irresponsible for me to act like an oracle. I can say that I'm somewhat intuitive, and even before I read of the "signs" you've experienced, I had a feeling, "This one may be genuine." Of course, whether it is this same soul, or another who comes to you, it will be someone you are closely connected with who you will want to love as a unique individual.

That return via reincarnation is not so unusual as we might think, can be seen in Carol Bowman's book, "Return From Heaven." My suggestion is you obtain a copy, as this is the best (and perhaps the only) source that deals directly with this phenomenon at present.

Best wishes,

Stephen Sakellarios

I can answer questions about reincarnation (from both Eastern and Western perspectives) and life after death, and how these topics relate to religion and spirituality.

I produced a documentary entitled "In Another Life: Reincarnation in America" which aired on PBS station KBDI in Denver, CO, Jan. 2003
I have a masters in counseling from FSU, and over thirty years' study of Eastern mysticism from carefully selected sources, plus eight years' study of contemporary Western reincarnation studies. I've published nine related articles online and in print. I offer an online class on the subject and maintain an extensive educational website at, as well as giving talks and radio interviews (archived on the website).