Reincarnation/Will my mom come back to me?

My name is Soyal. I am the only of my parents. on December 2nd 2013 I lost the most important person in my life - My Mom. She was my everything to me.
I feel so lonely without her though  I have a doting father and husband around along with bunch of cousins and well wishers who genuinely care for me. But I feel I have lost everything.

I am 12 weeks pregnant now, my Mom knew about my pregnancy and wanted to live to see her grandchild. Everyone says my Mom will return as my baby, which I doubt but I desperately want her back in my life. Can that be possible?
She loved me much more than I loved her. She too will be desperate to come back to me but I don't get that feeling that she will be back as my baby. when she was absolutely fine since then I had a strong feeling that she is going to go away from me and she actually LEFT!!!!
Life seems impossible without her..... what do you think is it possible that she will come back to me???

Dear Soyal,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I send you my prayers and condolences.

I think it is possible that your mother could come back sometime soon in the body of, perhaps, the child of a relative or a neighbor. If this happens, you will feel her spirit and something similar to your previous connection when you meet this child.

That said, I do not believe your mother will incarnate as your child. The great spiritual master, Paramhansa Yogananda, taught that the soul enters the body at the moment of conception. He said that at that moment there is a flash in the ether, and all those souls who feel in tune with that flash are attracted to it. He or she who has the strongest desire will enter that womb. Your child's soul has been with you since he/she was conceived, and your mother was in her body during part of that time.

There is a technique that Yogananda described in his classic Autobiography of a Yogi for seeking out the spirits of our deceased loved ones, as they enter their new incarnations. I have shared that technique in an earlier answer to a question on this website.

However things turn out regarding the possible reincarnation of your mother's spirit, I wish you and your family peace and joy.

Richard Salva
Author of Blessed Lanfranc: The Past Life of Swami Sri Yukteswar, Guru of Paramhansa Yogananda  

Richard Salva

I can answer questions related to karma, reincarnation, and life after death, according to the teachings of yoga as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda (master of yoga and author of Autobiography of a Yogi). Yogananda's teachings on these subjects are straightforward, accessible, and helpful to people of any background.

I am an ordained minister and the author of several books on reincarnation, including The Reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln, Walking with William of Normandy, and Blessed Lanfranc. I have studied yoga philosophy and reincarnation for the past forty years, and I've lectured on these subjects in America and in Europe.

Minister of Ananda Sangha Worldwide

Spirit and Nature Magazine Clarity Magazine Light of Consciousness Magazine