Relationship Recovery and Resilience/Is it worth it?

I've been in a long distant relationship with a girl from the Philippines for almost a year and a half now and I have always had trouble with saving money to get to her. Whether I have been laid off or gotten kicked out of my house because my room mate needs "drug" money that I refuse to give.  My fiancee feels that all these negative things have been my fault and seems to be tired of waiting on me to get to her.  She is not a scammer and is really sincere.  I feel really bad because I love her so much and want to be with her and she wants to be with me as well.  My question is, is it worth it for the both of us to keep trying or should we give it up and see other people?

Love is always worth it. When it's real love wild horses, the pacific ocean, and iron bars can't keep lovers separated.  

It' obvious you've run into some trouble where saving your money is concerned, but considering what's at stake I would suggest getting a second job or coming up with a viable plan to cement your connection with this woman.

Whether she is in Africa or America, the true gems are as rare a find as a diamond at the bottom of the ocean. If you are not "highly" motivated to do what it takes to see this woman, then a long distance relationship may not be a viable option for you. Motivation is the only factor that's going to make real contact possible. If the true desire is not there it's time to be honest with yourself and her, and cut bait. It would be painful, but leaving the situation as it is, is equally damaging.

Good Luck....

Relationship Recovery and Resilience

Sheila V. Robinson-Kiss

I am qualified to answer any questions related to relationship recovery (Romantic, Family, Work, Friendship etc.) In addition I will answer any question related to the area of cultivating more bounce back and resilience in life. In short my specialty area includes helping people to "Get Over Broken Relationships" and "Get on with Cultivating Healthy Relationships", while growing lasting resilience in all areas life successfully.

Sheila Robinson is a psychotherapist, author, and trainer, with over a decade of experience helping people grow and sustain the necessary tools needed to bounce back from the challenges that life and relationships can present. She has written two books that focus of life/relationship resilience “Getting Over It In Milwaukee” and “STAMINA” . She lives and works in Chicago, IL, providing workshops, therapy, customized trainings, and style-STAMINA sessions.Her mission is to help people around the globe lead more empowered lives through clear thinking, growing resilience skills, creativity, visioning, and the mighty power of the mind. For more information visit

National Association of Social Workers National Association of Behavioral Therapist Toast Masters International The Theosophical Society

Author "Getting Over It In Milwaukee" Author "Stamina"

Master of Social Work - University of Illinois, May 1998 Bachelor of Science in Sociology/ Journalism - Illinois State University, May 1996 Independent Clinical Social Worker - Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing 2000, and Illinois Department of Regulation and Licensing 2003 (Full Certification, 3000+ hours) Future Milwaukee Program - Leadership Milwaukee Program, May 2003

• Future Philanthropist of Greater Milwaukee • NADEIS Networking and Delivering Excellence in Services, • University of Illinois Academic Fellowship recipient • Ann Keaton Outstanding Leadership Award

Privacy regulations prevent me from disclosing the names of client's I have worked with in my private practice. Below you will find a partial list of corporate client's I have provided trainings for in the area of workplace relationship development. •American Family Insurance •Boys and Girls Club of America •Legum and Noman •Pearls for Teen Girls •Marquette University •Chicago Housing Authority •Governor’s Council of Wisconsin •Seven Stones Day Spa •Sanofi-Aventis •Social Development Commission •Women’s Center of Waukesha •Pfizer •Children’s Outing Association •Alverno College •Department of Veteran Affairs •Corporation Aurora •Coakley Brothers •YWCA •St. Mary’s Hospital •Milwaukee Health Services •Dakota Intertek Corp. •Village Financial Services •Private Industry Council •Learning Enterprise Academy •Ujima Inc. •Harvest Development Center •Reinhart Boerner Van Deurn SC •University of Wisconsin •Ortho Bio-tech •Novartis •Executive Women International •Lutheran Social Services •Planned Parenthood •Arkles Custom Products •Milwaukee Area Technical College •MCFI •House of Daniel •Roche Pharmaceuticals •McCormack Baron Ragan Corp.