Relativity/Further on GPS and relativity

Question
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your time in answering my questions. You have not specifically answered the  questions regarding whether relativity is used in GPS or not.

The atomic clock is running differently in different places of the earth. The measurement in each place is absolute and that is why,"TAI as a time scale is a weighted average of the time kept by over 200 atomic clocks in over 50 national laboratories worldwide". The time measured in each of the place is absolute, yet we find that the time in each place is different. I don't understand how relativity comes into picture here.

I also asked "satellite clocks are already running 16 seconds ahead of UTC,(pls see link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Positioning_System#Leap_seconds ), how could 38 nano seconds adjustment due to relatvity matter?. ", you haven't answered this question.

I read that even Nikola Tesla, one of the greatest scientist denied relativity. Also there is an array of physicists who denied relativity. Some of them have PhDs too. Didnt they see the evidences which you were saying. pls see:

Herbert Dingle, Louis Essen, Petr Beckmann, Maurice Allais and Tom van Flandern denied relativity.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_theory_of_relativity)

Louis Essen is the developer of first practical atomic clock
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Louis_Essen&action=edit§ion=3

Please explain.

Answer
Ameen, GPS does use both special and general relativity.  If the didn't, the clocks would become de-synchronized within minutes after the are synchronized.

I cannot answer all your remaining questions without writing you a book.

I thought the thing that would help you the most was an explanation of how a clock can have more than one time rate when observed by more than one observer.  This is the thing that Dingle never understood.

I am sorry I could not be of more help. Relativity is deep.

Best of luck in your studies.

Relativity

Uncle Ben