Relativity/motion of a river in relation to a fish

Question
Recently, I was watching a science show on TV in which the narrator said that a new idea in physics states that a fish doesn't so much swim in a river (or water) as the water moves the fish. This strikes me in a profound way, but then we have fish swimming upriver to spawn. This was presented as a part of our understanding of relatively, so I wonder if you have heard of this?

Answer
Sandra, it is not a deep comment.  The fish pushes backward on the water with its tail.  Some of the water goes to the back direction, of course. But the water pushes the other way (forward) and moves the fish.  

A car moves the same way. Its tires press backward on the pavement.  The pavement pushes back, moving the car forward. (The tires are also pressing down on the earth, but that is beside the point. The earth pushes back up, unless you are riding on water!)

Another easy example is when one is with a friend on ice skates in a pond.  If you push him back, he goes back, but equally, you go forward, by your own push.

It is Newton's Third Law: If A pushes B, B automatically pushes A back.

Ben

Relativity

Uncle Ben