Uncle Ben,

We had a discussion some years ago about how in terms of relativity there is no physical difference between a geocentric view of the earth and a heliocentric rotational view.  I'm in a discussion in an online group right now with a geocentrist, who says;
1) Thirrings paper on frame dragging demonstrates that the EXACT force from the entire cosmos would get the same results of the rotating earth, causing the Coriolis effect among others.  And that his force is exactly the same as the rotation of the earth would be.
2)the geocentrism is literally true or relativity if false.
3) that physics demonstrates that the earth is stationary in space
4) that Foucault's pendulum does not invalidate geocentrism.
5) He says the MMX result, along with the Michelson Gale and the 1933 Miller results, are consistent with a diurnal relative rotation of earth and aether. A diurnal rotation *without* an orbital motion is conclusive evidence for geocentrism.  
6) he said that the universe in GR is able to spin around the earth trillions of ties faster than the speed of light.
I hope you can shed some light on this.
In particular, are there any professional astronomers or physicists who think that we live in an actual geocentric universe?

Mike, I am not familiar with the work you cite and cannot make any relevant comments beyond the following general one:

The choice of a frame of reference with which to discuss physics is arbitrary. It is a matter of taste and utility. Relativity teaches us that inertial frames are simpler than other choices.

Your question as whether a geocentric view is "correct" suggests that relativity theory is violated, in that there is a "correct" frame of reference.

Relativity theory has been so amply corroborated that no one I know would take that question seriously.

Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben

I can answer questions regarding Einstein's Theory of Relativity, particularly in Special Relativity. I will not answer homework questions or mathematical problems that require special symbols.

I have taught physics at the college level, undergraduate and graduate, for many years including Special Relativity. I have taught at Johns Hopkins, Case-Western, and MIT. I have also served as a staff member of the Commission on College Physics, which was supported by the National Science Foundation to recommend improvements in the curriculum of college physics departments in the US. I am also the author of a textbook titled Vector Calculus, which was used at MIT in the teaching of electromagnetic theory and relativity. My research interests were mainly in solid state physics, especially the properties of metals at low temperatures. I am listed in the publication known as American Men of Science.

I have dozens of papers published in the Physical Review and in the American Journal of Physics.

I hold a Ph.D. degree in physics from the Johns Hopkins University.

Johns Hopkins University, Case-Western Reserve University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Empire State College, Georgetown University, Commission on College Physics, and UNESCO.